Manorcroft Primary School PTA aims to help support the school by fundraising through a range of different activities, whilst helping to build a sense of community. As a new parent to the school, you are automatically a member of the PTA and can get involved in as much or as little as you like. It is a great way to get to know other parents and have a say in how we fundraise and support the school.
We are a very friendly, welcoming, fun and sociable team and would love to hear from you - whether you’d like to become part of the committee, help out at one of our events, have fundraising ideas or simply want to find out more about what we do.
The committee is voted in at the Annual General Meeting at the beginning of the Autumn Term. As part of our charitable status, the following posts need to be filled:
- Chair Person - Karla Hanna
- Deputy Chair - Chris Norman
- Secretary - Claire Gilchrist
- Treasurer - Fleur Fielding
In addition we can have up to 11 extra committee members. As a group, we meet monthly (or more frequently in the run up to larger events), generally in the Staffroom at school (or the local pub if more appropriate!) Meetings normally last about 90 mins and include committee members and school representation. Items for discussion generally revolve around voting on fundraising requests, event updates and planning.
Friends of the PTA:
We have lots of 'friends of the PTA' who are interested in fundraising and supporting the school, but don’t want to formally be on the committee. Through an email distribution list and social media, we communicate with everyone re: event updates and recruiting volunteers.
In 2018-19 we had a really busy year and raised approx. £10,000 for the school.
|Discounted Panto Tickets||£384|
|Just Giving Donations||£242|
Some of our Purchases:
Throughout the year we supported the school in the following ways:
- We contributed £10,000 towards the new Gazebo which is now in place on the edge of the KS2 playground - this is used as an outside classroom throughout the year
- Travelling Pantomime performance for the whole school to enjoy
- World Book Day authors to enrich the curriculum
- Portable flip charts in some of the classrooms to support Teaching & Learning
- £6500 towards the development of the outside spaces around the school, including new playground markings, a KS1 stage area and large wooden games
- Crackers and accessories for the Christmas Lunch
- Leavers gifts for Y6 in the summer term
Please feel free to catch us in the playground or contact us through the PTA postbox in the main school office area, or in the following ways:
Facebook: Manorcroft Parents & Carers page