Manorcroft Primary School PTA aims to help support the school by fundraising through a range of different activities, whilst helping to build a sense of community. As a new parent to the school, you are automatically a member of the PTA and can get involved in as much or as little as you like. It is a great way to get to know other parents and have a say in how we fundraise and support the school.
We are a very friendly, welcoming, fun and sociable team and would love to hear from you - whether you’d like to become part of the committee, help out at one of our events, have fundraising ideas or simply want to find out more about what we do.
The committee is voted in at the Annual General Meeting at the beginning of the Autumn Term. As part of our charitable status, the following posts need to be filled annually:
- Chair Person - currently Karla Hanna-Gilson (children in Y6)
- Deputy Chair - currently Chris Norman (child in Y3)
- Secretary - currently Chris McCarthy (child in Y1)
- Treasurer - currently Fleur Fielding (child in Y3)
In addition we can have up to 11 extra committee members. As a group, we meet monthly (or more frequently in the run up to larger events), generally in the Staffroom at school. Meetings normally last about 90 mins and everyone is welcome to attend. Please click here for a copy of the PTA Constitution.
Friends of the PTA:
We have lots of 'friends of the PTA' who are interested in fundraising and supporting the school, but don’t want to formally be on the committee. Through an email distribution list and social media, we communicate with everyone re: event updates and recruiting volunteers.
Some of our Purchases:
Over the last few years we have supported the school in various ways:
- Buying the new Gazebo which is now in place on the edge of the KS2 playground - this is used as an outdoor classroom throughout the year
- Supporting with the development of the outside spaces around the school, including new playground markings, a KS1 stage area, large wooden panel games and replacing the picnic benches
- Buying new trees to help with the continued development of the Forest School
- Funding a travelling Pantomime performance for the whole school to enjoy each January
- Funding World Book Day authors to enrich the curriculum
- Providing crackers and accessories for the Christmas Lunch
- Providing an ice-cream van and BBQ for Y6 in the summer term
Please click here for a copy of the Chairperson's Report for 2019-20. This provides a detailed summary of all activities for that academic year.
Please click here for a copy of the Treasurer's Report for 2019-20. This details the different events that were held, profits that were made (with year on year comparisons) and expenditure on school projects.
Please feel free to catch us in the playground or contact us in the following ways:
Facebook: Manorcroft Parents & Carers page